I feel it's pretty safe to say that most people either are runners, know a runner or have a goal to run SOMETHING one day. I've dabbled in a little of everything from cross country in HS, to marathons to ultras. It's an infectious sport! Easy to do but not always so easy to conquer which is what keeps us coming back for more.
I'm kicking off my first gift guide with the very special occasion that is fast approaching...the BOSTON MARATHON. April 16, 2018 to be exact. If you are running or know someone running, CONGRATS because that is quite the accomplishment. And what better way to acknowledge this great feat than with a gift? Use my Runners Gift Guide now or tuck it away for another day. Either way, I'm excited to share with you my best gift ideas for the runners (or other active peeps) in your life.
Runners tend to be very particular about their race day shoes and gear. So, I've steered pretty clear of wearables for the start line and focused on items I've used and love as well as highly recommended items from friends and fellow racers.
Cheers to giving like a gold-medalist.
1. Tracksmith Van Cortlandt Singlet :: Light mesh fabric in a classic design.
2. Run Fast. Eat Slow. Cookbook :: Olympian and NY Marathon winner, Shalane Flanagan and chef Elyse Kpecky share nutritional wisdom and personal stories behind each recipe.
3. Goodr Sunglasses :: Polarized lenses, light weight, no bounce, no slip and all for less than $30. I picked up the "Flamingos on a Booze Cruise" colorway...because they're pink and who can resist that name?
4. Garmin Fenix 5 Watch :: This watch does it all, except the laundry. I still love it though.
5. Medal & Bib Display :: A creative way to display all those hard earned medals AND bibs. Your runner can now leave the shoes in the shoeboxes and hang their goods up instead.
6. Sarah Marie Designs Mug :: Everything offered in this shop is running gold. Well stated t's, cards and mugs, like this one!
7. Motivate Wrap :: Think of this as a tiny wrist sign that will cheer your runner on with each stride. "Dig Deep" and "Run More, Worry Less" are a couple of faves. Personalize with your runner's favorite color too. Use discount code STS15 for 15% off through 8/31/18.
8. Oofos Recovery Sandals :: When your runner's feet aren't in sneakers, they should be walking in these.
9. Buff Headgear :: This is the gift that keeps on giving - it converts from neck warmer to head wrap to bang buster to wrist sweat catcher. So many great designs to match your favorite athlete.
Disclosure: Some of the links included here are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.