Rad Dad Gift Guide, coming in HOT! I've compiled a list of non-traditional gift ideas to inspire kid-like adventure, killer style and fresh dad jokes. We're just over a week away, so I'll jump right in.
1. Razor DXT Drift Trike :: This one is at the very top of my list. Road and mountain bikes are quite personal and an investment. However, this hot little ride offers the chance to be a kid again WITH your kids. You can get it quickly via Amazon but keep in mind, assembly is required.
2. Adidas Adilette Cloudfoam Mono Sport Slide :: Keep Dad's kicking-back kicks on point with these monochromatic slides. These will have him in ultra laid back mode due to the Cloudfoam cushion sole which they've been using in their sneakers and it's A+. Reviews suggest sizing up for ultimate comfort. Available in black and grey, which would be my personal choice.
3. El Arroyo's Big Book of Signs Vol. 1 :: If you're from Austin, or even just a Texan, you know about the El Arroyo sign. (#ElArroyoSign). This is like two gifts in one. Not only will you be giving dear ole' dad a great coffee table book to thumb through, you'll also be reloading him with fresh, new dad joke content. There are some seriously good one-liners he can use again and again and may even get a chuckle instead of a groan from the 'tweens. Also available locally at The Paper Place in ATX.
4. RayBan Wayfarer Liteforce :: Always a classic, just like dad. THESE however are the updated Liteforce version of Wayfarers and are light as can be with an ultra modern edge to them. A step up from the plastic original versions and will elevate any outfit. Hubs has several different brands and pairs of shades, but these are my faves. I may have worn them myself a time or two.
5. Tools of Titans :: If adventures in the boardroom are more dad's style, this book is one he needs in his toolbox. Tim Ferriss, a wealth of knowledge in his own right, interviews and shares the best tactics and habits of top performers across the globe. A super insightful page-turner. For a sneak peek, you can tune in to Tim's podcast for a taste of how in-depth he gets with his interviews and information.
6. Wise Owl Hammock :: I love this one! Take this one camping or just into the backyard. The 'double' size offers plenty of room for dad and a guest (you know you won't be able to keep the kids or grandkids away). There are several options and brands out there to choose from. This particular one has amazing reviews for 1/2 the price. Looking forward to giving it a try!
Three cheers for Dad! Good luck out there finding the perfect way to recognize the great men in your life.